Barwon Sports Academy
The Barwon Sports Academy Inc. provides pathways for aspiring athletes to reach higher goals at State and National levels through development programs, sharing information, ideas and experiences. The BSA is a non-profit organisation which depends significantly on the support of its partners to ensure it can provide ongoing support to promising athletes in the Barwon Region.
Our academy values are the strong beliefs and consistent behaviours of people in our organisation. They describe the way in which board members, staff and athletes of the academy behave, interact & work together. They determine the culture of the academy. Our values are held in high regard and protected by every member on and off the field.
- Excellence - in all we do
- Creativity - to achieve our goals
- Collaboration - a shared approach
- Respect - for our sport and each other
- Passion - to drive us
- Strategic - planning for success
- Enjoyment - fun and friendship in sport
The BSA exists to identify, support and further develop the sports related skills, personal abilities and health and wellbeing of talented athletes in the Barwon region. This is done through;
- Formation and operation of partnerships with state and local sporting bodies as well as local service providers.
- Provision of relevant advice, services and programs for athletes and their coaches.
- Monitoring of related outcomes.
Academy Program Philosophies
The content of the BSA programs must;
- Support and develop athletes through sport specific education and training programs and community involvement opportunities.
- Where possible, provide a higher level of coaching/training than available at club level.
- Provide services, programs and facilities that are not normally accessible or available at club level
- Compliment existing club activities
- Be understanding and sensitive to existing competitions and training periods for each individual sport.
- Capitalise on any opportunities that will benefit BSA Athletes (Outside of Entitlements)
- Maintain a wide development aspect to the program (Target age group)
- Provide a support network to BSA athletes.